If you want to make a dramatic entrance to a small chapel then go for it and order the cathedral length; by contrast if you are getting married in a huge church or venue but wouldn't feel comfortable in a long veil then ignore the names and order what you like. For longer veils we normally recommend they are about 20-30cm longer than the end of your dress. To work this out measure from the top of your head where you plan on wearing the veil straight down your back to the end of the train of your dress. If this measurement was 220cm our church length (250cm) would be perfect for you. We can make all our veils in any length.
- Cathedral length wedding veils. Our cathedral length veils are 300cm long and trail beautifully. The trim option you choose will determine how the tulle moves as you walk, more information on this is below.
- Church length wedding veils (also called chapel sometimes). Our church length veils are 250cm long and still trail like the cathedral version, it's just a little shorter.
- Floor length wedding veils. We make our floor length veils 200cm long. They should touch the floor with a small trailing edge that will vary according to your height. Without a long trail floor length veils move more freely in any breezes and as you move.
- Ballet length wedding veils. We make our ballet length veils 150cm long, they fall to about mid calf length.
- Fingertip length wedding veils. As the name implies these should fall somewhere around your fingertips with your arms at your sides. At 122cm long there will be some natural variation depending on your height.
- Elbow length wedding veils. These veils are 72cm and generally fall around the elbows.