Veil Length Options
The names imply the setting they are expected to be used in but don't be put off. If you want to make a dramatic entrance to a small chapel then go for it and order the cathedral length; by contrast if you are getting married in a huge church or venue but wouldn't feel comfortable in a long veil then ignore the names and order what you like. For longer veils we normally recommend they are about 20-30cm longer than the end of your dress. To work this out measure from the top of your head where you plan on wearing the veils comb straight down your back to the end of the train of your dress. If this measurement was 220cm our church length (250cm) would be perfect for you. We can make all our veils in any length.
- Cathedral length wedding veils. Our cathedral length veils are 300cm long and trail beautifully. The trim option you choose will determine how the tulle moves as you walk. This is the longest length in our standard collection.
- Church length wedding veils (also called chapel sometimes). Our church length veils are 250cm long and still trail like the cathedral version, it's just a little shorter.
- Floor length wedding veils. We make our floor length veils 200cm long. They should touch the floor with a small trailing edge that will vary according to your height. Without a long trail floor length veils move more freely in any breezes and as you move.
- Ballet length wedding veils. We make our ballet length veils 150cm long, they fall to about mid calf length - these look perfect with dresses that just hit the floor and are a great option if you plan on keeping your veil on throughout the day.
- Fingertip length wedding veils. As the name implies these should fall somewhere around your fingertips with your arms at your sides. At 122cm long there will be some natural variation depending on your height.
- Elbow length wedding veils. These veils are 72cm and generally fall around the elbows.
- Royal length veils. These are 350cm long and are a really dramatic length! We can (and have!) made significantly longer than this though so anything is possible!
- Hip length veils. These are 100cm long and should fall around your hips, a lovely option if you have a lot of detail on the back of your dress but you still want a shorter style.
- Shoulder length veils. A very classic vintage look, these veils are 50cm long and fall just around the shoulders.